• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Need help and guidence on Acrosport 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robertsailor

Reaction score
I'm wanting to purchase an Acrosport 2. I'm looking at a couple for sale...one is an older one (25 years) with a 180hp and inverted fuel'oil system and the other is about 6 years old same engine but no inverted fuel/oil. Asking price is similar. I'm planning on traveling next week to have a look at both of then, not cheap trips but what can you do.
One one of the aircraft the owner told me that he needed to shim the wings with some washers to get it to fly straight. I appreciated his candor but the red flags started to come up in my mind. Is this normal?
Are there issues with the landing gear on this design? Both aircraft would be inspected by an A&P but are there any special things to be looking for on this design.
One has both cockpits open the other has a canopy on the rear. Is it practical to install a bubble canopy over both cockpits and what might I expect to pay for something like this if the work was done by others.
I have owned over 30 aircraft but I have never purchased a home built so any advise you folks could give me would be deeply appreciated. Sooner the better as I'm leaving for my trip in a week. Cheers

Latest posts

Back