• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Need help - Eagle or..... NO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilot5517

Reaction score
Ok, this might be a soar subject for some, and may also show how bias you all are to the Christian Eagle but….. I’m in the market for a plane. I’ve been flying a Pitts S2C but want two seats. I’m trying to do some research on the Christian Eagle’s so called aft CG problem and spin recovery with two up. I know any airplane can be overloaded aft CG but from what I’ve heard it can happen in the Eagle pretty easy. I need a mount that I can fly competition in (solo) as well as take people for rides ‘including’ aerobatics - safely.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Can anyone shed some light on it? I spoke with a friend of mine who owns and has flown in many contests with his Eagle about the two of us going up and doing some acro. His first words were that he would only do a few rolls and maybe a loop because of the risk of accidentally getting into a spin and not being able to get out of it with two grown adults.

Keep in mind I have around 2000 hours total time with around 900 of that tailwheel and 60 hours acro so I’m not a complete rookie (to some maybe). I’m just looking for honest answers.

Thanks guys,

Paul

Latest posts

Back