• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

new starduster in Anacortes wa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just discovered a new part of flying. I bought a 150 in 1987. Flew it a lot then took it apart, all new fasteners, new interior radios polyurthane paint. On and On. Got it going in 2005. I flew it to some dirt strips in Idaho fishing. Great trips. But life got boring so I decided to sell it. I have wanted to build a Midget Mustang since I was in highschool and subscribed to the EAA magazine, about 1963. They had a 5 part series on building it. About 2 years ago I switched rails and decided a biplane would be better. Having built things all my life and getting a little long in the tooth I decided buying was much cheaper and a whole lot faster. I kept an eye on Barnstormers for a year or so and saved ads I was interested in. I also lurked on this site and learned a lot. Sold the 150 and then called on my favorite ad. It had expired 6 months before. The wife and I took the 4 hour drive and made a handshake. I had issues with the td endorsement so the buy was delayed a month. The Starduster I was first flown in 1990. The builder had got a little too old to fly it and put it up for sale.
He is a real gentleman and the buy was a good experience. Honesty up front. He is also a real craftsman. It has been hangered all its life and in very good shape. The takeoffs and landings have been exciting and good entertainment for the onlookers. A tail wheel spring fell off and I discovered myself in the bushes faster than my mind could follow it. I watched the right wingtip stop about 6 inches above the ground. The wheel fairing was ripped but that is good as new now. New springs and small caribeaners, dredged from this site, and it was ready to go again. Really a nice plane and a delight to fly. And the landings are getting much better. The sell price of the 150 and the buy price were about $300 different and if I had known that I would have traded 20 years ago.

will

Latest posts

Back