• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

now im torn between two planes. help decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly9r68

Registered Users
Reaction score
I have called both owners and questioned them till i was blue in teh face. a trip to CA is a long ways but ill be going this weekend to pick one of the two.

this S1S just came up for sale
Experimental S1-S | 0 SMOH on upgraded IO-360 w/ 2 year warranty; Christen inverted system; Catto 3 blade composite prop; fabric and paint in excellent condition; spring gear; locking tailwheel; large ultimate style ailerons; over sized rudder; stretched fuse fits tall pilots comfortably; streamline cowl; lexan floors;20 gal plus 5 gal wing tank; hooker ratchet harness; new Becker comm; Mode C; light wt battery/Alt. Beautiful fit and finish with all the right upgrades

its 11K more then the one i posted the other day for you guys to look at with the clipped wings but man it has so many +s about it. like the prop which we have been talking about all day in my other thread. it is stretched a little to fit a taller bigger guy, BIG rudder, Big ailerons, 5 flying wire. Just lots of good things. But dont get me wrong both have alot of +s.

The 35K S1S im going to have to put a prop on right away weather it be metal or whatever. so thats 3K atleast if not 10K if i go CS. The plus is it has 200 hours on everything motor, fabric, everything was redone 200 hours ago and only like 6 years ago.

Now this other S1S is getting the motor hung next week, ZERO sitting time on it. the reason it got a motor is the cam followers let go and started making metal like so many do when they sit so they had all new jugs and had it majored, it also will come with a 2 year 500 HOUR warranty that will transfer to new owner. a negative to it is the plane weighs in at 920 LBS. im wanting to get into this new plane for more performance, quicker,snappier, then my eagle. but i would like the BIGGEST step up out of the two.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back