• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

older Stewart Warner Gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicoduster

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am just finishing up the restoration of a 1970 Citabria 7KCAB to use for teaching. I started the engine yesterday and the fuel pressure gauge and the oil temp gauge did not work. I pulled the fuel line from the back of the fuel pressure gauge and turned on the pump and gas came out, so the gauge must be the problem. The oil temp shows 140 degrees before starting up so is not working correctly. I called Champion to see if they have any of the older gauges or what is STC'd to work. The only things they have are electronic and expensive. I don' t like those ideas. I have scoured the internet and haven't found much. I called the Faeth aircraft (aircraft wrecking yard) and nothing. Will
IMG_2246.jpg
IMG_2246.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg
IMG_2247.jpg
call others tomorrow. I called places that restore Stewart Warner gauges and they won't touch anything with aircraft part numbers.... So any ideas on where to find some of these parts or get mine rebuilt? Fuel pressure is gauge is part # 16845 and shows 0-80 lbs. Oil temp gauge part# is 27725 and shows 100-270 degrees.

Attachments

• IMG_2245.jpg
    IMG_2245.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 22

Latest posts

Back