• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

P-Mag voltage (was Wobble Pump woes)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tl_z_bub

Reaction score
I've just finished fitting my 2nd P mag (which involved a degree of pipe disconnection and a replacement fuel filter in the Christien wobble pump whilst things were in bits).

Since then I've noticed that it's taking far more strokes on the wobble pump to get the engine going.

Usually I take 4 or 5 strokes from stone cold and fire up first time. It's now taking 6 or 7, some cranking, then another 4 or 5, but the start is pretty much instant when the fuel gets there.

Also the Pump feels "soft" when I first use it, there's a much more "solid" feel after I land and stop the engine or on a hot start.

(The engine is running great once its going - an 0-360 B4A with Bendix F.I.)

I don't think it's the P Mag change (i.e. sparks) that are causing this - Has anyone got thoughts about what to look for in the fuel system ?.

Latest posts

Back