• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cub822

Supporting Member
Reaction score
new member here.
I’m looking for advise on a Pitts project.
A little about me: I owned a Citabria about 5 years ago and delved in light aerobatics, outgrew it with the intention of upgrading to a higher performance ac. Got distracted by PA 18 project and since rebuilt a couple of them. Been looking for another project, actually been thinking about an exp Pitts when this opportunity came up.
70’ era plan built S1. From what I’ve gathered, last push on the plane was about 8 years ago, fuse is plumbed, wired and covered.
Wings, control surfaces are ready (?) for cover.
Engine, mid time 0360 w/cs prop, been sitting, needs tear down inspection at very least, Fuel system missing.
I’ve no experience with wood aircraft but appears most of the woodwork is done, condition after all these years is in question.
As a hobbyist my time is free but don’t want to get completely underwater on this as they seem to be very inexpensive to purchase complete and running.
Not sure where to start with describing project but can provide more info, photos etc as needed.

Happy to walk away - or run, if advised.
Thank you in advance for any guidance .
Doug

Latest posts

Back