• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

pitts S1 C-raigslist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smarcoux

Registered Users
Reaction score
Well the hardest part is getting started. If any one wondered what ever happened to the pitts on Craigslist.....I picked it up. To many coincidences in a row told me this was fate. It's enough to write a short story, Im not a practicing religious man but it seems there is some thing divine out there. After good advice from the biplane forum and a lot of research and talking with all kinds of friendly and helpful FAA officials it happened.

The good the bad and the ugly.
The good.
Supportive wife
The project came with.
Nothing covered, Never completed, panel blank
Upper wing assembled no leading edge. rudder,
lower wing complete less ailerons,leading edge elevator,
Long fuse, firewall,
Cleveland breaks disk 1973 , flying wires $$$
Wheels , tank,
Canopy, wheel pants,
The bad
Starting life over at the age of 47 and going back to school...... no income.
No set of plans(yet) no engine,no gauges.
The ugly
Some broken wing ribs. (hanger rash) need a "how to". Don't like some of the welds but need someone with a better trained eye. I'm an EAA member but very few builders in the EAA clubs locally so I'm told.
I live in central Mass.
Willing to donate time, I need to learn.
Time is what I have and this is a project that I will see through to the end.
I also will be generous enough to except any donations. No money please it will only go to bills:D

DSCF8158.jpg

Latest posts

Back