• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Pitts s2a

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hnivers

Reaction score
Hello guys!
I think my bungies are over due, light tendency to sagging, at least it shows when pushing the plane around on the tarmac. I see then the panels not fully closed up to the belly. And they must be above 5 years old... Anyway, i have new ones, though how long is shelf life? And if anyone has a detailed procedure on how to do this and how hard is it really? I have a tool that looks like a jack that could be mounted into the bungy frame where it should slide into place, at least thats how i think it is made for. Do i need to remove more panels than just around the gear legs?
Estimated time ? Yes i need details to plan on how and when, i guess i need help from buddies in this process.. Bring it on to me!

Latest posts

Back