• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Prop selection

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
I'm about to choose between a Hoffman csp and a Catto FP for my Acroduster. I'm swinging a Sensinich metal on an O-360 with a prop extension and the lightweight flange. I know the issues with the flange and aerobatics. I also hate the harmonic in the 2350 range. With the csp option I will revert to a shorter cowl and eliminate the extension. I'm used to CSP on my previous three aerobatic mounts (two Pitts included) and love setting it at 2500 and leaving it there! With the Acroduster I'm backing off the harder stuff including snaps, but may do a Sportsman comp or two. I guess what I'm looking for is input from anybody that's flown behind a Catto 3 blade. Will it eliminate the nasty harmonic and give easy throttle stop to stop option while struggling to stay in the box?

Latest posts

Back