• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Radial Skybolt on Barnstormers

moliver

Reaction score

I was poking around Barnstormers last night and thought this might be of some interest to you round engine guys. Skybolt with an MP14 radial. No affiliation or personal knowledge of the plane - just forwarding the info.

Regards,
Mark
2002 - Acrosport II - 200 HP
Christen Eagle - Under construction

SKYBOLT FOR SALE • ACCEPTING OFFERS • For sale skybolt mp14 360 hp new cover in 2000 350 tt eng !/2 price of modle 12 contact Keith • Contact Keith L. Arnao, Owner - located Hainesport , NJ USA • Telephone: 6093728254 . • Posted February 16, 2009

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DAMN ! A friend of mine told me about this Skybolt... not that far from where I live.I was going to go over there and check it out in a few months.

Thanks for the heads up Mark. I better get over there soon.Edited by: Jerry

kjkimball

Been there...Done that...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this ad too. the thing that stood out for me in the pics is that Bulldog I is behind the airplane and Tucker's airplane is off to the photo. That tucker plane is no longer around since he jumped out of it and we know Jim has been gone for nearly 2 years. The FAA listing shows the airplane was built in 1977. I wonder if the conversion to M14P was done in 2000 when recovered.

moliver

Reaction score
Good eyes!

How can you tell that's Tucker's old plane? It's pretty fuzzy to me. I don't doubt you, I'm just curious. If I understand correctly his old plane was based on an Eagle 1 fuselage wasn't it? I alsoremember it having squared tips rather thanWolf's 8 aileron wings? I'm just having a difficult time telling those details in the photo!

kjkimball

Been there...Done that...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Timing is how I can tell. Since the photo has Bulldog I in it that was 2006 or before as that was the last season for Jim Flying Bulldog I in the US. Since tucker bailed out of his airplane after that, it is the old airplane. the fuselage was partially built in the eagle jig and partially in the S2S jig. A hybrid frame. There appears to be some white Super flite writing on Tucker's left upper wing tip indicating it had the square tip Wolf wings on it at that time. The airplane did have wolf pro 8 wings on it when he bailed out of it.

Puppybreath

Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread, this airplane is on the market again, same owner.Looks like it's been for sale for over a year.Anybody got any history on it?Opinions??What should a prospective buyer be cautious of besides the usual?I don't know jack about these engines.

Jerry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is another thread on here about the same radial 'bolt.

Jerry

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took a look and can't find it either. It actually had a photo of it and I remember Neil saying something to the effect that it would be difficult putting a cowling on it because of it having it's engine mounted several degrees down.

I'll take another look later.

Skybolt205WD

Reaction score
Its there. Just do a search for "skybolt" and it is the 3rd down on the list.

Puppybreath

Reaction score

Skybolt205WD said:
Its there. Just do a search for "skybolt" and it is the 3rd down on the list.
Looking for the discussion thread on this forum about this airplane, not the Barnstormers ad.The airplane was on the market a while back and that initiated a discussion here. I'm looking for that discussion.Thanks

Sky Rider

Sky Rider
Reaction score
Im also interested in this bird too, I have just sent him an email via Barnstormers to find out if it's still on the market.

exp2ex

Registered Users
Reaction score
I have seen the skybolt on several occasions.

It is a rocket ship. No doubt about it.

If I only had the $$ it would be in my hangar.

Sky Rider

Sky Rider
Reaction score
It's been awhile now and no reply, must have been sold. Edited by: Sky Rider

exp2ex

Registered Users
Reaction score
<a href="http://barnstormers.com/classified_432565_skybolt.html" target="_blank">Anyone interested, just call Keith. It is for sale.
</a><a href="http://barnstormers.com/classified_432565_skybolt.html" target="_blank">
</a>SKYBOLT • ACCEPTING OFFERS •
skybolt 360hp m14p 400tte 1300tta clime over 5000fpm break ground in 3 sec. will out clime any piston made. Keith 6093728254
• Contact Keith L. Arnao, Owner - located Hainesport , NJ USA
• Telephone: 6093728254 .
• Posted May 2, 2010
• Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser
• Recommend This Ad to a Friend
• Email Advertiser
• Save to Watchlist
• Report This Ad
• View Larger Pictures

Sky Rider

Sky Rider
Reaction score
Thanks Chip, I sent Keith an email and got no reply, he may have missed it.
Do you know him and the plane? Iwould like to contact him via email but nowourdollar is falling again it's not looking good.

Latest posts