• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Registration Woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dustohio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I wrecked my plane in 2012, I started repairs soon after. Cold weather came, life happened, lost my hanger and some of my nerve etc. Hanger neighbor stored it for me and expressed interest in buying it. In ’16 I tried to give it away on BS, didn’t get a single nibble. Didn’t think I would ever fix it so I let the registration expire. Fast forward to’19 and I get the bug again. Went to the airport, plane is still there, bring it home to my little 16’x24’ shop and start repairs. Realizing I need the registration, I sent in the renewal with a note I realize it is expired but not sure where to start.
March 2020, Registration department responded that they needed pictures to support the conclusion the airplane was not destroyed or scrapped. Sent them.
May 2020, registration responded that the airplane appears to be under reconstruction and is not eligible for registration at this time. Please send pictures of it from wingtip to wingtip when assembled to complete the registration, of course I am not there yet.
Dec 2021, get the plane to the airport in my neighbor’s hanger and get the wings mounted, send the pictures.
Jan 2022, registration responded I need to send form 2120-0042 to complete the registration, oh by the way we are processing applications from Aug.
March 2022, I e-mail registration to see if they received my paperwork and/or if they need anything else. They respond it should be processed this week.(Two weeks ago)
Today the website says that they are processing applications from Dec 3, so may be six more weeks.
Probably preaching to the choir on this forum, but if there is a snowball’s chance on a hot sidewalk that you may EVER fly a plane again, splurge the $1.66 a year to keep the registration

Latest posts

Back