• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

SA300 Stall Speed @ 1320 Gross

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustertoo

Registered Users
Reaction score
I've asked this question before, and produced a lot of discussion,but really no straight answers. Without debating the practicality of such a thing as trying to fly a Starduster Too within LSA limitations, can anyone tell me what their minimum stall speed is when loaded to exactly 1320 pounds?

My Too has been built light, and as I gear up to finish it, I occassionally have thoughts about making it a single seat and trying to keep it within LSA. I have an O320, ailerons on lower wings only (no slave struts), and would eliminate the front panel, seat and controls. I'm guessing that minimum stall speed will be the hurdle that ultimately determines the feasibility. I have known many Starduster Too stall speeds to be listed as 56 or 58 mph at normal full gross weight of 1800+ pounds. It seems that eliminating a full 500 lbs from the gross weight ought to buy a 10% reduction in stall speed.

And of course I am aware that I will be the only one reading the airspeed indicator in a single seater. Just looking for some real information.

Latest posts

Back