• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Shop/Hangar/Airport Pets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I know I'm not the only one to have a pet hanging around the shop. In my case he's a somewhat stray male cat we started taking care of a little over a year ago. He was not getting fed regularly due to the people next door closing their warehouse and leaving him almost entirely on his own. Once I introduced him to Kathy she embarked on a campaign to get him to a healthy weight and spend time with him to curb some of his hair-trigger reactions to innocent events. He needs those reactions to survive outdoors but he also loves people and is really sweet deep down.

He much calmer now and has better (less injurious to humans) communication skills after a year of good care and and lots of love. He spends most days inside the shop now, napping on the desk as close as possible to anyone using the computer. He'll go for your lap often if you're a trusted human but he needs a big lap because he's a pretty large guy. He stills sleeps outdoors at night if the weather is good and I think he carves the stimulation he gets being outside.

He's very handsome and people are drawn to him. We are fairly certain he's part Maine Coon and part Siamese. I believe he was not always treated kindly by people including the ones next door who were focused on raising their pit bulls (!!) on not on caring for and loving the cat. Thankfully he's getting over that but it takes lots of time and a building of trust. He does not fear dogs like most cats do because of his exposure to those pit bulls but he is cautious around dogs and he's always ready to bolt or fight as required

Enough introduction, here's Miles, our shop kitty:

DSCN3224_crop, 800.jpg

Sleeping on Desk 5-5-16 800x590.jpg

DSCN3256_crop, 600x800.jpg

Latest posts

Back