• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Shorten rudder pedals in S2B?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm sure someone's posted this somewhere here...point me to it if you know.

I've got a 1997 S2B. The previous owner put these aluminum "blocks" on the rudder cables that are covered up with electrical tape. It seems that the rudder cables wind around some pins under the tape or something. The effect is to bring the pedals further aft. I dunno if the cables stretched or they were too long to begin with, but the pedals are just about right for me (5' 11"), but they are still too far away for my partner, who is a couple inches shorter than me. I'm wondering if there are approved methods for re-positioning the rudder pedals; can you just shorten the cables? Anyone hear anything scary about these rudder cable "blocks" that wind up the cables to shorten them?

thoughts?

Hoagy
Oakland, CA

Latest posts

Back