• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Skybolt parts for sale

tudor

DAVE
Reaction score
I have a number of Skybolt parts for sale including airframe, fuel tank, landing gear new version, rudder and horiz stab edges, and other parts call me to discuss your needs. I am changing airplanes and need to sell these parts.
Dave 415 563-4803

Reaction score
Join the biplane forum to sell your stuff. Great first post and introduction.

Skybolt-Tony

Reaction score
Post the items and pictures (with prices) , I am interested in multiple items.

Last edited:

skyboltone

Reaction score
Hmm. I have a full set of wing ribs and spar blanks to sell that would fit well with the parts available from the OP. I built them. T88.

tudor

DAVE
Reaction score
Dear Last of the Great Human Beings: (There were few of them to begin with)

Anyway what do you have for sale and what is the price. With the Pieces I have I can put together quite a package. Any photos. Cheers DAVE 415 563-4803 San Francisco, CA

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are you changing to? Not an evil RV type I hope...

tudor

DAVE
Reaction score
Post the items and pictures (with prices) , I am interested in multiple items.
Can you send me your e mail address I am having some difficulty with photos on this site. Have A fuselage, new fuel tank aluminum, new design landing gear with wheels tires and brake rotor, Two place stick assembly, rudder, and elevator leading and trailing edges, throttle quadrant, Old style landing gear not finished, nose bowl, wheel pans, io 520-540 engine mount. While Steen Areo does not have the first buyer on file, the fuselage looks to have been done in a jig most likely at the factory excellent welds on all parts. I'll get you the prices when you see the photos. I have them on excel and can forward that to you.

I am moving to a Super Cub build up. DAVE

skyboltone

Reaction score
Dear Last of the Great Human Beings: (There were few of them to begin with)

Anyway what do you have for sale and what is the price. With the Pieces I have I can put together quite a package. Any photos. Cheers DAVE 415 563-4803 San Francisco, CA
I'll drag out the box and get some photos sometime right quick. I've been meaning to do that anyway. Someplace around here I've got the inventory of the spruce too. I bought it directly from Fred Tebb and sons in Tacoma before ACS monopolized their output. Give me a couple of days.

Skybolt-Tony

Reaction score
A couple of those emails had the same pictures. Will the nose bowl fit a io540?

tudor

DAVE
Reaction score
I'll drag out the box and get some photos sometime right quick. I've been meaning to do that anyway. Someplace around here I've got the inventory of the spruce too. I bought it directly from Fred Tebb and sons in Tacoma before ACS monopolized their output. Give me a couple of days.

Hey WGHB that works are the ribs the build up type or the routed one piece.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Where is this located. City and state is close enough. DAVE

skyboltone

Reaction score
Hey WGHB that works are the ribs the build up type or the routed one piece.
Looking forward to hearing from you. Where is this located. City and state is close enough. DAVE
They are built up from Steen Aero's kit. T88 weights for for glue pressure not staples. Routed edges for smoothness. I think they are spoken for at this point.

<<<<<--------------There's the City and State

Last edited:

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Are these the same parts that were listed on Barnstormers? The Guy that got them with the motorcycle purchase? Just curious, seems like a very similar list of stuff..

tudor

DAVE
Reaction score
Are these the same parts that were listed on Barnstormers? The Guy that got them with the motorcycle purchase? Just curious, seems like a very similar list of stuff..
Yes however there were a number of parts that were unidentified we now have the full inventory of the parts. including an extra set of landing gear, the cabane, an IO540 engine mount rudder, leading and trailing edge of horiz stab. I am selling either as a whole or in parts which the first advitiser was not going to spend his time doing. in any event no sooner that I bought this I closed a deal on a super cub build up. So this one goes. DAVE

tudor

DAVE
Reaction score
I have found a complete wing and airframe analysis (30 pages) that is evaluating for a 9g conversion. I am glad to send those to any one who wants them for copy cost and postage. When I have 3 or so its efficient to go to the copy shop. I have no intention of building a 9g ship.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is the 540 engine mount a factory? Have any Rust? What's the best you can do on it? Would you wrap in paper and ship?

Thanks

skyboltone

Reaction score
The wing ribs and spar lumber I had for sale has been sold....pending inspection of course. Thanks for the inquiries.

tudor

DAVE
Reaction score
No rust I could wrap and ship Given the cost and value probably better to build a wood box I have spare material and could do that. I don't want a 540 mount I want a dinafocal. I would like to take some detailed photos right after Christmas and could send those to you and we can figure out what works best for both of us. If this is not a factory assembly it is perfectly done. I will pay special attention to the welds in the photos. DAVE 415 563-4803
[email protected].

Latest posts