• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Spinner new

Aerosportcraft

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure Guessing need crush plate or different inner plate for wooden prop. I can measure how far inner disc goes down in spinner. Thickest of prop that can be used. The spinner is 12inches Dia and 13inch long.

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have 1 now for a metal prop the bulkhead is pretty thick. Using a wood prop and makes the spinner sit off the back plate by about .300. I can't see in the pics whether they are the same.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have a B-N3 on my airplane and the wood and metal Sensench props (I have both) are the same thickness. The wood blades require a larger cut out. Check out this Acro Sport Newsletter.Vol4.60.pdf

IMG_5147.JPG
IMG_6535.JPG

Last edited:

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My Prince is thicker than the Sensenich by about a 1/4".
I will likely have to make my own.
If it's for a wood it would kill 2 birds for me.
Thanks

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My installation required a .200" spacer between the prop and front bulkhead to make the front bulkhead "time out" with the seating on the rear.

Kelvin Rempel

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
These came with my project. I believe they were intended for the Prince 76x62 wood prop that came with it. Not sure if I need the prop extension for mine or not. I've got a CF Ultimate spinner on the way for my project.

I don't know jack about prop's, etc. Can you use a prop extension if you plan to fly aerobatics? I have an O-360 with a solid flange aerobatic crank. Not sure if I'll need a prop extension with the Ultimate cowl... Not at that point yet.

Attachments

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Kelvin, the one I have is like the second from the left in the foreground. I believe the one I need is the far left.
Most everybody using the Wolf cowl is using an extension. Mine will have one as well. We'll find out how much it'll take;)

planebuilder

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are various bulkheads available for the BN3 depending on the prop. Years ago, I re-spun the aft bulkheads to make them a forward facing flange to give cowl clearance without a spacer. Then I asked ACS to make them and they did, you had to request "forward facing flange on the aft bulkhead". You had to notch the flange around the prop.

1 Albee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was recently advised by ACS they were no longer carrying the BN series of spinners. The guy that supplied them passed away. Maybe someone will take up where left off ? I bought a Catto for my project (there very close to me). I have a BN3 set up for a metal Sensenich if someone really needs one. I needed different spacing for the MT I bought.
Phil

planebuilder

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was recently advised by ACS they were no longer carrying the BN series of spinners
Crap! Going to have to waste more time sourcing stuff. Their recent catalog omitted other stuff I use regularly. Guess they are slowly getting out of homebuilts, maybe their plan is to compete with Wallymart.

dgeese

Reaction score
Is this spinner still available? If so, I would like to purchase.

dgeese

Reaction score
Sorry, I missed that there was a second one floating around. Is it cut or drilled yet? I already have a back plate fitted, need a viable front plate and spinner. 3-3/8" hub, McCauley prop. Thanks.

Latest posts