• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Starduster too cowl

DTP

Reaction score
I have two Starduster Too nose bowls for sale. Both are in good conditions good and there looking for a new home. Please drop me a line if your interested. I also have a used set of 5" rims and brakes. Wheel paints from a Cessna 150. My plane is almost completed so I wont be needing them any more. Drop me a line if your interested.

Dana

Reaction score
I assume the Too nose bowls aren't the same as the SA100?

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Dana it could be the same? They were fiberglass knock offs of the aluminum single engine Piper Comanche, and were designed for the O-360-A1A narrow deck lycoming that is almost the same as the O-290-D width wise. They were approximately 35" wide measured across the back side, when builders started using the IO-360, and the IO-540 angle valve engines Starduster also made some for those engines, that were 37" wide, also measured across the widest part back side of the open bowl If this makes sense? There was some differences over the yrs as different suppliers and molds were worn out. Dave

Dana

Reaction score
I would definitely be interested in one of the nose bowls if it matches the one I have (damaged in the crash). Can you post pics and dimensions?

DTP

Reaction score
I got the photos of the cowls but I cant figure out how to add them here. I go to insert image and it asks me the HTTP: which makes no sense to me. :cool:

DTP

Reaction score
HAHAHa I've sent a video of the Starduster too cowls to Biplane forum. Send me your email if you can find them.... ill get them to ya.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Three icons to the right of Insert Image is a paperclip icon -- Attachments. That's what you want.

DTP

Reaction score
I worked on this most of the evening even switched to a PC. It lets me browse the photo but they wont upload. I give up tonight

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If the file is too large you will have problems. The list of file types and sizes are toward the bottom of the Manage Attachments dialog.

TEMP.jpg

Dana

Reaction score
He emailed me pictures so I'll post them for him... I can't use them, my cowl is much more triangular.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

Latest posts