• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Starduster Too Flying Wire Set

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a extra set of flying wires for a Starduster Too I bought that I might part with. Includes all 10 flying/landing wires and the AN665 terminals and nuts. No tail wires. This is a used set but from what I was told the plane never flew and was parted out. I called and checked current pricing is about $3500 for the set from Bruntons, I'll take $2000 and free delivery to OSH or anywhere on way from OKC to OSH. Also could work something out on meeting a couple hundred miles away from OKC for the right amount. Shipping is also a option but easier to pick up if close enough just because of value etc. (long tubes tend to get bent etc but we could insure etc). For anyone serious I'll take exact measurements and pics if needed.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure. How would one tell the difference?

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headed to Wicks this Friday then over to around St Louis. If anyone is needing these out that direction I could bring with me. Also, all the AN665 ends and nuts have been re silver CAD plated at United Plating in Tulsa. They bake the hardware per the original call outs to make sure of no hydrogen embrittlement etc etc. so the wires and ends all look like brand new.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone? I can deliver to Oshkosh! Make me an offer.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd bump this. I'll go down to $1750 and free delivery to OSH. That's half off from new folks. And these look great and clevis ends have just been professionally re silver cad plated at United Plating in Tulsa.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
These are available again. Buyer had an emergency come up. Still same offer for anyone needing a good set of flying wires. $1750 and I'll deliver for free to OSH or anywhere between OKC and OSH on my way up.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_4889.jpgIMG_4890.jpgIMG_4891.jpgIMG_4892.jpgIMG_4893.jpgIMG_4894.jpgIMG_4895.jpgIMG_4896.jpg
This pic shows the one 93" wire that has had one end of its threads shortened .5". This is a non issue and common as there is so much adjustment in the clevis ends.
IMG_4897.jpgIMG_4898.jpgIMG_4899.jpgIMG_4901.jpgIMG_4902.jpgIMG_4903.jpgIMG_4904.jpg

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This set included x10 AN665-46R and x10 AN665-46L clevis ends and jam nuts. These have been re cadmium plated at United Plating in Tulsa Oklahoma. They do top notch aircraft grade Plating and cook out any hydrogen embrittlement. (Your typical chrome shop doesn't do this...there is a difference in aircraft Plating shops and non aircraft...these were done at a certified aircraft Plating shop). This plating is much better than the Zinc Plating you now get with these from places like aircraft Spruce etc.

Latest posts