• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Ultimate Pitts in VA

grassroots

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the prototype Ultimate Pitts with the Ultimate wing and modded Pitts S-1 fuse. Danny Bond bought it a number of years ago and restored it to its current condition, which is very nice. Danny is the man when it comes to Pitts repair/rebuild. I've watched it fly countless times at contests and it's a screamer. Awesome performance. I was unable to give it a try because I'm 6'-4" and the canopy is a little shorter than a stock Pitts S-1 setup. This is a video of this very airplane being flown by Gordon back in the day. Are you interested in purchasing or just curious about the airplane? Danny is the rebuilder/owner/seller, and you can contact him directly via the contact info in the ad if you're a serious potential buyer. The airplane is a great deal.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
i watched Danny fly it at a contest and it really rips!!!! looks great too, Danny did a wonderful job on the rebuild.

Eric Moore

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thank you for the info. I would say I am interested, but I am not a serious potential buyer at this moment. I was more curious to know its pedigree before I bothered the seller. Thanks

Latest posts