• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

"Unfinished Business" Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've had several PM's lately with requests to post some pics of "Unfinished Business" on the forum. My son, Curtis (named after Curtis Pitts) helped me with the upload, so I hope this comes through okay.

Many members have PMed me with questions about the airplane, assuming that it is a modified Steen Skybolt. It is not! I stood behind a few folks at OSH in 2009 as one man told another man and a woman, "Now this is a highly modified Pitts Model 12, and that's something you should never do is modify a design. The builder should have followed the plans!"

I didn't say anything to the guy, as I was so amused at his "knowledge" of my airplane. So just to clarify, "Unfinished Business" is a one-of-a-kind biplane that I designed from the ground up, and built from scratch. I have never seen Pitts Model 12 plans, and when I designed this airplane the Model 12 didn't even exist. I do have a fairly extensive background in building and flying Pitts aircraft, so yes there was a fair amount of Pitts design features that went into the airplane, like the airfoils, type of control system, servoed trim, and aerodynamically balance ailerons. Typically, designers build on what they know, and that is what I did.

For in-flight pics you can go to my website at www.goldenageairshows.com.

Danny

Unfinished Business Sept 2011 001small.jpg

Unfinished Business Sept 2011 028small.jpg

Unfinished Business Sept 2011 037small.jpg

Latest posts

Back