• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Who knew, a racer does good acro!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acrobum

Reaction score
A month or so ago I was asked to fly a very special Pitts to Sun N Fun to be put on display, of course, you know my answer already. The company, that I had no prior affiliation with contacted me through a mutual friend. They are the new owners of one of the fastest Pitts around, Race 25 "Dragracer". It's a clipped wing S-1C. Yes, you read that right. A clipped wing Pitts. The top and bottom wing both came out to 14' 7" accompanied by a pumped up IO-360 built by Lycon that was said to be pushing 230hp. 176mph at 2400RPM at 9 gallons an hour and or it was running 227mph around Reno. As payment, I kept the airplane for a week and a half afterwards. Fair to me! 12 hours of flying later I enventually had to give her back..against my will. But! Not with out having some fun. I was hoping to fly atleast one contest with Dragracer to give the monoplane guys a run for there money. 250 +\- degrees/sec on the roll and a honest 1600ft vertical in a 4g 180mph pull at 6000ft.

https://youtu.be/0w7DloobQa8
Here's a video of me goofing off, went up for some acro and ended up flying a kinda sporty sequence. Fun ride. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back