• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Wolf Pro 360

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grassroots

Premium Member
Reaction score
Today I had the great honor and privilege of flying the Wolf Pro 360 prototype and only example currently in existence. This is without a doubt the baddest 4-cylinder acro bipe on the planet. Steve Wolf completed the basic airframe, and Bully Aero developed and finished the countless remaining details to make it a flying airplane, including the custom carbon cowl. WP-360 #2 is currently under construction by Griggs Aircraft (Smizo). This airplane is not just a modified Pitts S-1 with Wolf wings. It's a total clean sheet redesign by Steve Wolf, including fuselage, carbon tail feathers, canopy, and of course the wings that many are already aware of. I've flown an otherwise stock S-1 with Wolf wings, but the WP-360 steps up to another level of performance. Sky Dynamics parallel valve 10:1 motor, 2-blade Whirlwind, 830 lbs empty. Flies like a cross between a Pitts and a Giles, but without the Giles handling qualities I don't care for. Has perfectly harmonized aileron, elevator, and rudder pressures, great aileron feel and centering with no spades needed. It was warm today and indicated (an accurate) 172 MPH at 25/25 @2500'. The Wolf wings of course roll amazingly fast, but also snap and corner better than stock Pitts wings. But these don't have the snap feel of a Pitts - they feel more like a monoplane. Not in a bad way - just different. Must be the carbon tail surfaces. I kept over rotating snaps because they went around so fast. The rudder has tremendous effectiveness and stops snaps, spins, tumbles, etc. significantly quicker than a stock Pitts. The seat back is reclined significantly more than a stock Pitts, and much more comfortable. Thank you Loren for your generosity! Steve really killed it with this design. The world could use more of these!

Few clips having fun and getting a feel for the plane. Only my 3rd acro flight this year - pretty rusty...

IMG_2249.jpg
IMG_2256.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back