• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

WorkBench

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerofan

Acrosport 2 Builder
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm about done with my workbenches. I budgeted 4 hours for this. So far, it has taken 4 full days. Learning how to use the tools has been a challenge. I've learned a lot about wood this week. My first attempt ended up with benches that were so flimsy and the craftsmanship was so awful that I went out and bought more wood. It's really hard to build a workbench without a workbench.

Here are some photos of my labors this week. I used a router to notch the frame. The upper and lower boxes are screwed and glued together but the legs are just screwed so I can disassemble it later and reassemble it in the garage. Since my basement is not level I drilled holes in the legs and put concrete anchors as feet. It was fun trying to drill down the center of a 2x4. I used a router to cut a hole for the bolt. The upper and lower boxes don't flex at all. I'm happy with it so far. Tomorrow I will level the frames and put the tops on. When all is said and done I should have 24' of workbenches in my basement.

Cheers,

David

RouterGuide.jpg

RouterJoint.jpg

CornerBraces.jpg

FirstBox.jpg

DrillLevelHoles.jpg

LevelHoles.jpg

Level.jpg

Finished.jpg

Latest posts

Back