• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Fuel Pressure Regulator

B747Inst

Registered Users
Reaction score
Anybody got a fuel pressure regulator layin around they'd like to sell? 15 psi is what I'm looking for.

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Are you wanting to lower the pressure from the currently installed fuel pump to a lower pressure to the carburetor? Is the fuel pump the diaphram or a rotary style pump?

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's where I was heading with my two questions.....thanks for getting to the point Neil. I couldn't find that link you had...thanks.

Ben

B747Inst

Registered Users
Reaction score
I really can't afford a new pump, my engine, Lyc O-360 has a pump that is putting out 26 psi. It HAD a pressure reducer when it was flying (I won't go into the details of why I don't still have the regulator). Bendix PS-5C needs 15 psi... So I'm just looking to knock down the pressure. Over & Out!

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've used a Holley blue regulator in the past for the same purpose. Summit or Jegs prolly $50 plus fittings.
Mark

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Gary I think I still have several of them, will have to look in my stash at my hanger? Then give you a heads up. There was a time when the medium pressure pumps were not being overhauled and it was suggested that one use the higher pressure diaphragm fuel injected pump and then use a regulator, I did not want to put another device in the fuel line so went with the correct pump, but hey that's just me. Dave

B747Inst

Registered Users
Reaction score
Ok, it's looks like it would be best just to R&R the current pump with one that puts out 15 psi. On most of the O-360 applications it calls out for the 41271 pump.. But in the Spruce catalog it shows the 41271 pump at 4-6 psi. I can't find one listed for 15 psi. Any recommendations?

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What about that link Neil put up in the above post. You can call Tempest, give them a description of your current pump and they can give you the correct part number. There are a least 3 different pump numbers and it has to do with when your engine was built. Since you might have a different accessory case than what was originally installed when the engine was built that's why you need to tell them what part number pump you have so they can cross ref to the proper 15 psi pump. Look at the bottom of the Tempest application chart and you'll see a title showing three differen't pumps under the title of ''Aerobatic Installations".
Ben

Last edited:

Latest posts