• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

WTB Lycoming Vaccum Pump Drive Adapter & Gear

dylanxpeters

Registered Users
Reaction score
Heey guys. Looking to put a vaccum pad alternator on my Pitts. It currently just has a block off plate installed.

Looking for the vaccum Pump Drive adapter and the gear for a O-320-A2B

Lycoming p/n’s

Adapter 61098
Gear 72970

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Eileen at EnParts, Lancaster Texas, 972-227-7672

taildraggerpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one available, but I’m on a trip until Monday. I can send a couple pics, pm your cell # if interested.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100_0043.JPG
Is this what you need? This is off my old IO320B1A.

Jack

Last edited:

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That drive gear has a hardened steel thrust washer between the gear and the inboard side of the drive assembly. If you decide not to use the drive gear for some reason make sure the thrust washer doesn't get stuck to the inside of the housing. It will eventually fall into the sump. Normally it would go the life of the engine with no problems if in a non akro airplane but the instant you invert the airplane that washer will wreck an engine pretty quick.

The B&C electric folks modify these drive housings to mount a fitting for the top feed of the inverted three way valve. This also allows for the drive gear assembly to remain in place.

We originally used a Thompson fuel pump hooked to this drive assembly for a manual smoke system. You could have a light weight non electric Pitts or whatever and still be able to put out more smoke than was then available due to the fact the pump would put out over 40 psi if needed.

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Call them and see how much to exchange the non modified adapter with one that's tapped for your inverted system line.

Latest posts