• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

2014 Skybolt still for Sale

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
2014 Skybolt Phase I flight test complete 53.0 hrs AF. Lycoming O540- 250 h.p. 473.1 SMOH . Wing Tank, Val 760 Com /Intercom, KT-76A Xponder, PS-5C Inverted fuel, and oil system. Strobes, Nav, & Landing light. Oregon Aero Seats, Teledyde Bendix Factory OH Mags $ 38.000. E-Mail [email protected] for details.

First flight video

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYACRXl8ZlA&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

SAM_2570 small.jpg

SAM_2571 small.jpg

SAM_2576 small.jpg

SAM_2583 small.jpg

SAM_0093 small.jpg

Last edited:

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
I've shared that info a bunch with an airline pilot buddy I have that's building a full scale replica Sopwith. I got him up to speed in the Cubby last summer, and he'd be a great candidate. I'll keep working him. I'm afraid his Sopwith won't be completed for another 10 years.

ssmdive

Reaction score
If I didn't have two planes, I'd be on this like a fat kid on a birthday cake!

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sure wish our schedules would work out Dave. Someone's going to get a great airplane!

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to get my buddy interested enough to buy this one. A plane like this, built by a well known and respected builder, new build, new fabric, low time engine etc etc should have already sold long ago for a lot more than the asking price. Someone better get it while they can, planes like this just simply don't come up for sale that often...good luck with the sale Dave.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well thanks for all the kind words guys, I appreciate the vocal help. But think the slice of pie for airplanes in general is getting smaller as the pilot population shrinks. Like I said before the airplanes are worth the money, but without enough pilots who will buy them? All it takes is one though, but hanger rent and insurance for two airplanes for an old retired guy makes it much more difficult. I have had several inquiries but no one has even come to look at it much less fly it, so who knows? So if someone wants some stick time at least come by and make like your interested and fly the airplane, even if you have no intention of buying, at least it will make "Me Feel Better" I think... Dave

SAM_0425 small.jpg

SAM_0427 small.jpg

SAM_0429 small .jpg

Last edited:

Taildragger

Reaction score
Wow what an opportunity. I'd think it won't last long on this forum. Looks beautiful Dave.

Smithacb

Reaction score
Dave, where are you? Remind me? I'll see if I can get a work trip & come & meet you, I'd love to anyhow. If invited..?

red&black

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
So if someone wants some stick time at least come by and make like your interested and fly the airplane, even if you have no intention of buying, at least it will make "Me Feel Better" I think... Dave
Wow. Remembering back to my days after having been barely able afford to complete my pilot's license, then a job change and not a dime left to afford any flying. Driving to the airport day after day and sitting there looking over the fence and wishing I was on the other side, could get in one of those airplanes and get up the sky. What I wouldn't have given for someone to make an offer like that.

Last edited:

ssmdive

Reaction score
So if someone wants some stick time at least come by and make like your interested and fly the airplane, even if you have no intention of buying, at least it will make "Me Feel Better" I think... Dave
Once my shoulder surgery ordeal is over... If invited, I'll come up just to meet you, fly the plane and maybe we can knock out some of the maneuvers for phase 1.

Of course, I hope you sell the plane before I am airworthy again.

Airplanebarn

Slow building a Starduster Too . Love Tailwheel Fl
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish I was Closer !!! I'd get with you and ' waste ' some Avgas with YOU !!

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Smith You or anyone else for that matter is invited, I have flown with many others some wanting to buy airplanes like these or just getting up to speed for their first flight in one.

The airport I am based at is KSPB Scappoose Oregon 5000' paved runway no control tower 20 miles north of Portland off hwy 30 on the Oregon side of the Columbia river. Just let me know your flight number and the arrival time and I will pick you up at the airport!

Red&Black, yes NJ is not all that convenient, nor is Fort Lauderdale for that matter, as for you Airplanebarn if you truly want to get up to speed is a Starduster Too there are two to pick from. My 180 hp Starduster or my sons 290 hp Starduster. The only thing his will not do that mine will is go past a gas pump! It is also a pretty cool thing, to have your son as a wing man. Pictures are at Independence around Mt St Helens at different times of the yr and last at the Mc Minville fly-in Dave

Two_Stardusters.jpg

DSC01630 small .jpg

DSC01672 Small.jpg

DSC01679small.jpg

DSC01734 Javlins small.jpg

SAM_1407 small .jpg

SAM_1416 small .jpg

SAM_1438 small .jpg

SAM_1452small .jpg

SAM_1421 small .jpg

DSC09480 small.jpg

Last edited:

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dave, if the offer still stands I've got to get out and fly with you sometime this season. Time flies and I don't want another season to go by without at least some Starduster seat time. I'm still trying to get my buddy to get this Skybolt...have you called my buddy with N77BG? He might jump at the offer? He is a very good candidate for the Skybolt...

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
No I have not nor has he expressed any interest in the Skybolt, but isn't his Starduster close to flying?

Airplanebarn

Slow building a Starduster Too . Love Tailwheel Fl
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Dave .... Thanks for the Offer ! I may take you up on that Flying Time , when I get closer to being Done . We have talked on the Phone... a few years ago . I and I'm sure ALOT of other Duster Guys, REALLY appreciate Your help and that you are ALWAYS ready to share your Knowledge about our planes . Your participation has REALLY helped to keep Stardusters going and is probably ( IMHO ) a BIG reason the Design is as popular as it is today ! Thanx for YOUR Service to this Aviation Community !

Latest posts