• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2014 Skybolt For Sale

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Guys I am thinking about posting this on Barnstormers in the near future, but thought someone on the Biplane Forum might be interested or want to comment? Meaningful aerobatics are yet to be flown, all I have done is rolls.

uouTube Video of First Flight! [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYACRXl8ZlA&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

2014 Skybolt Phase I flight test complete 42.0 hrs AF. Lycoming O540- 250 h.p. 462.1 SMOH . Wing Tank, Val 760 Com /Intercom, KT-76A Xponder, PS-5C Inverted fuel, and oil system. Strobes, Nav, & Landing light. Oregon Aero Seats, Teledyde Bendix Factory OH Mags $ 40.000 Firm. Contact Dave Baxter (503-366-2970) for additional details

SAM_2571 small.jpg

SAM_2576 small.jpg

SAM_2583 small.jpg

SAM_0839 small.jpg

Last edited:

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoever gets it will be a lucky biplane owner...

So, what's your next project, Dave?

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well, knowing nothing about Skybolts to me it seems like a steal. Somebody willing to pay $35k for a nice S-1C but longing for a 2-place cannot pass this by without at least giving it some thought.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks so much for all that have commented and inquired about this airplane. I have received more phone calls and E-mails than had expected. I sincerely appreciate all of your interest and after the aerobatics are flown perhaps it will find a good home!

I have had requests for more detailed pictures, so here are a few more. Dave

SAM_0094 small.jpg

SAM_0095 small.jpg

SAM_0096 small.jpg

SAM_0099 small.jpg

SAM_0100 small .jpg

SAM_0101 small .jpg

SAM_0102 small .jpg

SAM_0106 small .jpg

SAM_0107 small .jpg

SAM_0092 small .jpg

SAM_0125 small .jpg

SAM_0117 small.jpg

SAM_0114 small .jpg

SAM_0118 small.jpg

SAM_0123 small .jpg

ssmdive

Reaction score
Care to share why you are selling? Just like to build?

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well Guy it is a pretty easy answer, I am a Starduster owner and builder, with over 2600 hrs in my airplane alone and to Oshkosh 9 times, so working on and maintaining three airplanes is a full time job, also my son and I have matching Starduster Toos, and it is a most wonderful thing to have your son as a wingman. Furthermore I am 73 yrs old and have little interest or ability in pursuing aerobatics at my age. Really what happened was my brother in law started the airplane back in the mid 90s spent a lot of money and a number of years off and on working on it. He thought it would take only a few years to finish he also took some flying lessons, but never got his license. So by 2005 had done little on it for several yrs, and we were visiting him at the time in Salt Lake and my wife said, why don't you take it to Dave he will finish it for you, and one day it showed up in the back of a U-Haul truck, at about the same time we got serious on my sons airplane, his flew in 2007and after that I went to town on the Skybolt now with over 40 hrs in it and the rest so they say is history! The plan always was to eventually sell it, and my interest is now focused on my single place Starduster. I want to make a replica of Lou Stolps original SA-100 N2314C. This is the carrot in front of my nose to keep me vertical and wanting to go to the airport, if this makes sense?

My current problem is, I need an areobatic pilot to fly some basic acro, one that has time and aerobatic experience in a Skybolt so as to satisfy this part of the phase I requirements. The guy that offered to do it is tied up with his job and will be unable to do so for several months, so any help or ideas would be much appreciated? Dave

Two_Stardusters.jpg

SAVE0000 SA-100 small.jpg

Last edited:

ssmdive

Reaction score
That makes perfect sense. If I didn't already have two planes already myself, I would have jumped on this. Before I bought my S1S I was looking for a Bolt. Mike Mays (Pitts Mechanic here in FL) said that a Bolt was a good flying plane and while not as good asa Pitts for Acro, but would be more than I needed for some time.

I find that when I was looking to buy and saw a cherry plane for sale I always wanted the back story. I always looked at planes that had a good backstory more and yours is perfect.

I wish you luck…. This is a great looking plane.

Can't help with the Acro (wish I could). I am not skilled enough to be a test pilot and only have an hour in a Bolt and that was putting around.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well thanks I appreciate tour thoughts and comments. Dave

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well yes, but my current problem is, I need an aerobatic pilot to fly some basic aerobatics as I do not want to sell it to anyone until this has been done. The guy that offered to do it is tied up with his job and will be unable to do so for several more weeks, so until then I am unable to move forward?

Besides we need to chat about the airplane in detail before you get serious. Please E-Mail me with your phone number and best time to call. Dave

Latest posts