• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

3 in 1 Oil Temp/Press/Fuel Press gauge

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin, I supect you actually know this but I believe the long line is oil temp?

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it. It was fresh in my mind as I went to hook-up the oil temp line to engine last week and no joy, wouldn't come together to seal by over 1/8". I knew something wasn't right but couldn't remember and wondered if lycoming filter assemblies were different and I would have to put out another $100 for a different gauge/line. Then I remembered an adapter was required that comes with the unit and I either lost or left in the last engine.
Anyway, $11.95 is better than 100 bucks. Hang in there.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jack I know the feeling, had to come up with a similar bushing for the old 3 in-1oil temp probe, Had to be 5/8 sae on one end, and 3/8 pipe on the other wit an internal taper for the shoulder on the probe, plus had to be about 2 7/8" long. Dave
SAM_6430 small.JPG

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to recall an extra long adaptor on my old Pitts but could be wrong-only 40+ years ago. Got the adapter today, $11.95 sure beats making one.

Latest posts