• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

3-In One Gage and sending Unit Schematic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys any of you that have some experience with these old school gauges and sending units please chime in "Neil"? Help!

I have several 3-In One gauges, and like them mostly because they are mechanical at least in my airplane my son Dan's airplane, but on the Skybolt I had the oil temp was electrical with a sending unit, and I also want to install the same on the little SA-100 I am building.

I thought I had the wiring schematic figured out, but in checking the existing wires to the gauge and sending unit that were cut off, what I thought was correct does not seem to be?

See pictures and plugs

The "D" Appears to be the input voltage IE: 12-14 volts and I think this is correct.

However the wires on the plug going to the sender are wired
to pins "B" & "C"? You would think if the plug on the sender
is marked "A" & "B" based on my wiring experience that the corresponding wires would go to "A"&"B" ? But they do not?

Perhaps the plug I have is wired wrong? But I think it came off of a working airplane, inquiring mind want to know, would appreciate any schematic or ideas as to where one might find one. I have two gauges not sure who made the gauge as the data is almost unreadable looks like Barfield Instruments Miami FL and may have been where it was overhauled? And the other has no name or tags of any kind?

Both senders have different mfg names Norwich & Edison and different part numbers, but both have the same MS28034-1part # number. Dave

SAM_3090 small.jpg

SAM_3102 small.jpg

SAM_3111 small.jpg

SAM_3114 small.jpg

SAM_3088 small.jpg

SAM_3117 small.jpg

3-In One Gage and pin plugs small.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back