• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

A couple of construction questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1554

Reaction score
I'm working from an older set of plans, so maybe these questions are resolved in something more recent. Anyway:

1. What do I use for a spacer at the rear of the stabilizer to set incidence? It sure would be nice to have something semi-adjustable rather than just a block of metal to space the stab off the fuselage mount plate.

2. My plans show four different styles of flying wire fittings. The ones at the wing spars have two holes to catchtwo of the spar fitting through boles. I fabricated them and installed them this way only to discover that the geometry is way off when assembled to the fuse. Should all the fittings be the single hole style similar to the root fittings to allow them to swivel to position?

Latest posts

Back