• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Acro Sport 1 for sale

hn1

Reaction score
Hello,
I am selling my Acro Sport 1. It is one of the cleanest build planes I have ever seen. It was completely rebuilt in 2007 and no expense was spared. It has a fully powder coated frame and rebuilt symmetrical wings. Makes flying inverted a dream. Everything was redone on this plane. You have to see it to believe it. It has a O-360A1D engine with a fixed pitch prop. The engine has 30 hours since overhaul. It is spotless. It also has inverted fuel and oil and a smoke system. Total aircraft time is 335 hours and it has an overhauled prop on it. The plane just got an extensive condition inspection and is currently flying so hours may change. The plane is located near Fayetteville NC and can be viewed with prior notice. Please send any questions to my by email [email protected] or phone at 910-354-0704. Asking 28,500. I can also deliver the plane with a little coordination.

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
Beautiful Biplane. When you say rebuilt symmetrical wings, what does that
mean, did you build new wings? Were the old wings the M-6 and you convertered them to the Super Acro Sport I wings? Or did you build true
symmetrical wings like the Pitts or Skybolt?

hn1

Reaction score
So I didn't do the rebuild I bought the plane rebuilt. I am not an expert on Acro sports but when I bought it they told me it had symmetrical wings. So I don't think they are 100 percent symmetrical but I have included a picture or the best picture I could find of the wing shape. If you know from the picture what they are please let me know. This is a picture from the rebuild. It was originally completed in 1978 but as you can see from the picture they completely redid the plane and finished it in 2007. And yes making new wings was part of the rebuilt. This plane was done by true craftsmen and no detail was spared.

hn1

Reaction score
Empty weight is about 933. Not 100 percent sure on gross for an Acro Sport but I am 5'11" and about 230 and with the 180 HP it has no problems with me full fuel.

biplanebob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The airfoil in post #3 looks like the NACA 23012 airfoil, there were supplemental drawings available for the "Super Acro Sport"

Bob

hn1

Reaction score
Didn't add it in the description but it also has a B&C lightweight alternator and battery.

Grum.man

Reaction score
I looked at buying this airplane back in 2012 I believe. It is a very clean well built airplane. It was in Angier I believe last time I saw it.

hn1

Reaction score
New lower price $24,500 at this price it's almost worth it just for the motor. The O-360 has less that 50 hours on it. This thing is well worth the money. Let's see some interest. Tell your friends.

hn1

Reaction score
Plane is still for sale and it will soon be located in Alabama. Last chance to see it on the east coast.

hn1

Reaction score
Plane is no longer for sale. Thanks for all the people that showed interest.

Latest posts