• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Aeromatic Propeller Service.

Doug Schenk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a prop shop or someone who can service a Koppers Aeromatic propeller? I need to replace an obsolete Hartzell 12x20 prop on my Skybolt powered by a 260 hp Lycoming GO-435-C2. Alternatively I’m interested in any propeller for that engine. Any suggestions???

jrs14855

Reaction score
Tarver Propellers in
Fallon NV for Aeromatic props 775-423-0378

Doug Schenk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx, I’ve been trying to phone and email Kent Tarver for quite a while without success. I think he may have closed up shop. Hopefully someone services these props.

jrs14855

Reaction score
Try Ken Anderson at 218-685-4751 He might know someone who could help you.

Doug Schenk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thx. I called Ken. He suggested calling a guy who gave me another name. I’ll keep hunting. Someone someplace must fix wood props.

Clay Hammond

Reaction score
Interested as well. I have an Aeromatic off a Culver Cadet with Franklin 90 that I need to source replacement (or new) blades for and get it set back up.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a 220 Prop overhauled also one of these days. I removed the 0-93 blade lag bolts per Karver and none broke. So should be good on blades after new lag bolts ads installed and blades painted/balanced. The hub needs a good IRAN at minimum.

Doug Schenk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven’t removed the blades & checked the lag bolts yet. Is there any special about the lag bolts? Are new bolts available?
Thx..

Latest posts