• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

ASII brake lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdpole1

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Does any one have any pictures of their brake line set up for the ASII. I am ready to button up the fuselage but am not fully happy with my brake line to Grove cylinder set up. I have the resevoir mounted to the firewall and plumbed to a Tee under the front seat by aluminum lines. No problem there. from the tee to the feed port of the Grove cylinder I used SS braided line. Not as flexible as I would have liked. Then from the pressure side of the Grove cylinder to the nipple on top of the landing gear I also used SS braided. Also not real flexible. I made up some 303 hoses and replaced the SS braided. Not happy with the flexibility of that either. I'm use to the feel of my Citabria, which uses 303 for the line to the landing gear and plastic
ylon from the resevoir to the cylinder. Any help would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back