• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Best prop info request

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithacb

Reaction score
My new toy, a 9yr old bolt has a lycoming IO360 A1B6 200hp donkey. Fitted on this mount is a fixed pitch fairly coarse Evra wooden prop.
My question to the assembled is, static full power rpm is 2100, take out 2300, S&L max 2450. It's max rated rpm is 2700.
The engine is in good sound working order & wondering if the prop is too coarse for it??
I will probably replace it with a composite fixed pitch new prop & wondered what all you sages out there recommend? Which prop best for this engine & plane combo & what is best pitch for aerobatics?

Thank you all

Sent from my iPhone using Biplane Forum

Latest posts

Back