Canopies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 190% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not an endorsement, but I was doing a search on the internet and found this site. Looks like they've made quite a few different canopies.... Acro Sport 1, Christian Eagle, Pitts S2, Starduster, Ultimate 10-200, and Skybolt
in addition to many single-wing homebuilts.

http://www.toddscanopies.com/

Also a few tips on how to cut, fit and clean your canopy.

Always good to have options.

Skybolt

Acro Sport 1

Grasshopper22

Reaction score

I can attest to the S-2 canopy fittinga factory 2-place frame very well... Pleased with my first canopy attempt!

vfrazier

www.flyboyaccessories.com
Reaction score
I highly recommend Todd's canopies based on my experience with Todd. He made a custom bubble for my F1 Rocket and it was perfect.

If you visit Todd's website, you will see my Rocket on his homepage near the bottom.

mekstrand

Reaction score
Todd made me a new canopy for my Eagle a few years back (the one on his website). Excellent product and very reasonably priced. I will use home for future canopy needs.

Marshall

airplanegeek

Reaction score
Anyone had any Luck at Todds. I have made three attempts at contact, and even spoke to him, but no luck getting a quote or approximate production time.

Any recent success or failure to report?

VH-ASF

Reaction score
Forget Todds. Try Airplane Plastics co.

airplanegeek

Reaction score
Jeff at airplane plastics is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful

mjk51

Reaction score
Purchased my Firebolt canopy from Todd.. The quality is good as is the fit... It did however take forevvverrrr !!!! to get it.

luftwicker07

Multiply your time and money estimate by 3
Reaction score
Got my S1 canopy from airplane plastics. Todd said he couldn't make an S1 canopy with his process. Very happy with the airplane plastics quality, price and service.

Chris McMillin

Reaction score
Todd was killed in June in a crash. His 12 year old daughter survived.
Chris...

Sonoftoot

Reaction score
Does anyone have drawing showing the installation of a canopy that opens to the right. Including the hinges, release process etc.
Appreciate any information for the installation process.
This is Tommy Meyer and I am fixing to install my new canopy from Airplane plastics for my Big Toot and will have to fold it open to the right. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Smizo side hinged a single canopy on his Acro Sport and covered it in his build thread. Could give you some ideas.

miles

Reaction score
I needed a replacement canopy for a Laser, and initially ordered one from Todd. Shortly afterwards, he was killed.

I later dealt with Airplane Plastics, and they made one for me. Not installed in a frame yet, but it looks good.

Miles

Jetcaptain

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi everybody, i am trying to buy a Skybolt's Canopy with clear bubble open up and back in Steen Aero they will get one in 3 month more delivery to Argentina.
Someone have a draw or plans to give me, i wish to prepare my fuse before the kit arrives to Argentina.
Sincerely
Gustavo

Last edited:

taff

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, i am trying to buy a Skybolt's Canopy with clear bubble open up and back in Steen Aero they will get one in 3 month more delivery to Argentina.
Someone have a draw or plans to give me, i wish to prepare my fuse before the kit arrives to Argentina.
Sincerely
Gustavo
Why not purchase the plans from Steen?

They may have a 3 month wait on the canopy, but probably have the plans available for immediate delivery.

DSC_8578 (1280x857) - Copy.jpg

Mark Barrieault

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gustavo,

I purchased the canopy plans from Steen Aero Lap and they sent them right out. I think they were only $25.00. Give them a call and ask for Cheryl Everette, I’m sure if you explan that you ordered a canopy with them that she’d more than likely get the prints out to you ASAP.

The folks at Steen Aero Lab are very forth coming with information and super easy to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.