• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Cartesiantube.com product test

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottly

Reaction score
After discussion of this company's products on this site, I asked the company to provide me a sample to look at.

For those not familiar, you can order a SKybolt fuse from Steen that is tack welded, fully welded, or you can order materials and build your own from scratch.

What Cartesian tube provides is a product to fill the gap...they can send you a shipment of tubes that are cut and notched per plans. All you would have to do is jig them and weld them. I think it's a nice gap-filler for those builders that don't have the confidence to cut and notch, but don't have the cash ($10k) for a tacked fuse. These kits start at$2500, plus shipping. So, for about $3500, you can avoid cutting and notching.

The sample sent to me had 6 different angles cut, one on each end of three pieces. The photos below show the fit and finish of these cuts from a couple of different angles.

My overall impression is very good. Good fit, smooth cuts, right on the money in measurement.

While I can't attest to the quality of an entire kit as far as fit and correctness, I can say the sample is very good.

20080301_122132_cartesian1.jpg

20080301_122203_cartesian2.jpg

20080301_122233_cartesian3.jpg

Latest posts

Back