• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

First Rib Done...What about the Sqeeze out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailpilot

Reaction score

First rib is out of the jig.............Man....I thought I was going to break the rib trying to get it out of the jig.......I am using the Steen jigs and I sprayed on some pledge (per David at steen) and put down wax paper.The rib was still a B@$ch to get out......

I have quite a bit of squeeze-out in some areas of the rib....what is the best way to clean all this up......I think some use a belt sander.....I dont want to sand away too much..........

Added these pictures...... looking at the squeese out now.....I think im just being too anal..!!!!!
20080326_084741_First_Rib.JPG
20080326_085027_Glue_Squeeze_ou.JPG
Edited by: tailpilot

Latest posts

Back