• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

For Sale Pitts S1C

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_0566.jpg
IMG_0567.jpg
S1C less engine and prop. $8,000. Engine removed from flying airplane . Includes dynofocal mount.
Contact Eric Mingledorff in SW TN 318-331-0053

IMG_0566.jpg

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Dang...if I wasn't in the middle of retiring and moving everything 3000 miles, I'd be interested in it.
Looks nice.

Don Adamson

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at this plane. Too bad they are removing the engine but they feel it is worth more separated. It has inverted fuel and oil.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just bumping this back up. Add will be going to Barnstormers in a week or so.

RickRice

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I haven’t inspected this plane, but I flew it several years ago and I knew the owner. I know he didn’t skimp at all on maintenance. Sadly, he was killed while flying a FlyBaby that was modified to look like a WWI German airplane. His widow was left with the Pitts, and the fellow that bought it just wanted the engine. Everything behind the firewall looks nice, but again, that’s based on a walk-around and memory, not a detailed pre-buy.

I do remember that this airplane had rubber gap seals in between the horizontal stab and elevator, and between the vertical stab and rudder. Friction between the gap seals and the moveable surfaces required much higher control pressures than is normal for an S-1, but eliminating the gap seals would fix that problem. This airplane has hinge straps on the tail and includes a locking, non-steerable tailwheel.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should NOT click on this thread. I had a Red & White one and always wanted a White & Red but I fear time has passed me buy. Someone should jump on this, the C is a very sweat ride. If someone close to Cumberland Md. buys it I'll offer free space in the corner of my hangar, help with engine install and won't even ask to fly it.
It makes me feel younger just looking at it's picture.:D
Jack

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jack...Please buy this!!!! This is EXACTLY what you need!!!!

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry my friend but it's exactly what I do NOT need. I'm close to getting the A-Duster going again and that is much closer to my speed.

Not to mention that I'm BROKE! I'm thankful for what I have. (life is easier that way);)

CraigB77

Registered Users
Reaction score
Is she still available? I’ve got some here in Australia looking for a pitts to hang up in their hangar

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
As far as I know. The sellers contact info is in the first post. You might try this E-mail. <[email protected]> He is near Memphis Tennessee, U.S.A.

Last edited:

cashflyer

Reaction score
My brain says 'no'. My wallet says 'no'.
My hangar says 'no more room'.
The little guy on my shoulder with the pitchfork... he says, "Psst, hey boy....wanna have some fun?"

CraigB77

Registered Users
Reaction score
I’d buy her and restore to fly, but we’re looking at about 20k AUD just to purchase and land it here. My last S1s owes me 31k AUD delivered before restoration and engine!! We get absolutely screwed

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brain says 'no'. My wallet says 'no'.
My hangar says 'no more room'.
The little guy on my shoulder with the pitchfork... he says, "Psst, hey boy....wanna have some fun?"
I even have room but everything else applies. Thankfully the guy with the pitchfork has less influence on me lately.

Latest posts