• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Aluminum Gear Legs

Don Adamson

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
While cleaning out the hangar I realized I have 3 sets of aluminum gear I don't plan on using.
These are not Grove, not gundrilled and not $1500 each. I need $500 each.
One came with a Pitts S1 project
One came with a Pitts S2 project
One came with a Starduster Too project.
You can PM or Email me for details and dimensions on each.

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Can you email me some specs on the Starduster Too gear and S2 gear (similar dimensions that grove supplies for thier pre designed gear)? Im switching my Acroduster from 2 piece to one piece. Thanks,

Brian
[email protected]

Don Adamson

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Acroduster Too gear was sold to MTChris.
Starduster Too gear is too big for an AD Too.
Still have the Starduster Too gear and the Pitts S1 gear.
The Pitts S1 gear is out of thinner material than the Grove dimension (3/4" vs 7/8"). It would be well suited on a Smith Miniplane, Baby Lakes or a lite Pitts.

Don Adamson

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The S1 gear is the same dimension as on the Grove site but 3/4" thick and weighs 18# per the Toledo (scale), groved for brake lines, not gun-drilled and not $1525. About 5" taller than what Grove lists for the Baby Lakes.

They look great but my Pitts will be a little heavier than 1100# with me and gas in it so I am going the RV style gear route.

Latest posts