• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Fuel System C-FOBJ

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pudljumpr

Reaction score
I just received my new canadian C of A for my imported N908KC. During an extensive 8 month inspection I got to know the ac quite well and found the fuel system questionable.
The "down hill " feed is TANK to SELECTOR to FACET FUEL PUMP to GASCOLATOR to MECHANICAL FUEL PUMP to CARB. I would have preferred the fuel pump and mechanical pump in parallel , not in series.
During the inspection I changed the elec fuel pump due poor wiring and installed a new facet from ACS. The new Facet gold pump passed a fuel flow test easily .

On my second flight after receiving my permit the o540 quit 20 seconds after turning off the electric pump. After landing during a runup it would quit after selecting pump off ,and with power at 2000rpm.
There is no reason to suspect the engine driven pump - I ferried it 1500 miles without a problem .
PS glad I leave turning the elec pump off till cruise.

Latest posts

Back