• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

G'day from Canberra Australia.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigsaxon

Reaction score
Great forum you have going here. found it when I googled 'Pitts LSA', very informative thread. I recognise many of the guys here from the HBA forum. Nice to see that you have kept the advertising to a minimum and appropriate . I had at one stage considered building a replica YMF5 have all the original Waco drawings, an engine mount and ailerons, but a light weight pitts S1 is probably more achievable. Don't know whether you saw it but there was an S1c on ebay recently with extended wings and nose. I think the guy was in Savanah Georgia. Tried to contact the guy to find out what the weight and stall was but he never got back to me. I reckon with extended wings, basic instruments and something like a C85 with no starter you'd be getting close to LSA territory. If you were close you could rig the Ailerons to droop a little with back stick. Restored an old German glider that did that, a Schlieker ASK 7. Would out thermal almost anything you could get it so slow and tight. Lots of people seem to think that the light S1 pitts is a nice little airplane. I don't need 300 hp and smoke to burn holes in the sky. Anyway, looking forward to reading more.

Craig

Latest posts

Back