• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Hales Twister

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will V

Reaction score
It seems Hale's Knight Twister constructionphoto albumsare missing. Steen only has ahandful of theconstruction pictures. They don't recall ever receiving any others. The current owner of the Twister doesn't have the albums- said he never thought about them! While I have been told by someone close to Hale that they were given to Steen, they do not have them.
The author of a Custom Planes article from Dec. '99, Amelia Reiheld, confirms seeing several binders of pictures and commented that Hale also had keptcareful notes of the constructionas well. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Basically I am wondering if fellow Forum members can keep an ear to the ground; ifyou ever hear of anyone who was involved in helping Hale build his Twister, ask if they have any personal pictures of the aircraft or knowledge of any process peculiar to Hale’s Twister. Ask if they know who may have received the construction albums. Let me know. A tremendous amount of type-specific knowledge is lost. The aircraft was built by someone (Hale!) who knew a few tricks and figured out a few for the Twister. And he documented it. Now Hale and the tricks are gone…. Hey, and if anyone down Florida way wants to look up the owner he seems more than willing to let someone pour over it and take some pictures! ( Hint!)

Latest posts

Back