• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Hello from another Canadian

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhall999

Reaction score
Hello Everybody, my name is Ron, from way up north in northeastern British Columbia, Canada. I actually joined the forum a long time ago, but only made a few posts in a thread about a small radio control Starduster Too. I like to check in and see whats new every few days though.

I have been an aircraft maintenance engineer (canadian equivilant of an A&P/IA) for just over 10 years, and I have had my private pilots license now for 5 years.

As much as I would love to be flying around in a nice biplane, all I have right now is my Cessna 172. I bought the plans for the Starduster Too about 8 years ago, but life has gotten in the way of building it.....my oldest boy turned 7 over the weekend;).

So, for now, the good ole' 172 will have to do, and I will have to get my 'biplane kicks' through the rest of you, and my R/C stuff. At the moment I have a 1/5 scale Skybolt on the go. Last summer I had the priviledge of taking my younger boys (4 years old) for their very first airplane ride in my friends Cessna 150. (My oldest boy has flown a few times in the '172.)

cessna 172.jpg

Skyboltphoto.jpg

IMG_2611-001.jpg

IMG_2617-001.jpg

IMG_2633-001.jpg

Latest posts

Back