• Become a Subscribing Member today!

The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web.

Why become a Subscribing Member?

• In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.
    • We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).
    • Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Become a Subscribing Member and access the Biplane Forum in full!

Subscribe Now

Here Comes Another Newbie!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastEddie

Reaction score
Hi All!

My name is Ed. I have been a pilot for about 11 years now, but this is my first foray into building a plane. I've built my share of RC planes, hot-rods and electronic stuff, and I hope that these experiences give me a good foundation to build my plane-building skills upon.

I'm still in the planning stages of my project. It will most likely be a Skybolt R, but I haven't ruled out a Skybolt D or S, Acrosport 2, or a Starduster 2.

My inspiration for this project came when I was at the National Air and Space Museum for te first time about a month ago. The Spirit of Saint Louis really took my breath away and started my longing for a new adventure ibn my life. And the SPAD XVI, Albatros D.Va and the DeHavilland DH-4 sold me on an open-cockpit biplane. Besides, I'm really bored of flying a Piper Warrior in a straight line all the time.

From reading the posts here over the last month, I can tell that everyone here is really friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and hope that I can contribute some things as well.

Take Care,

Ed

Latest posts

Back