• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Info request on an SA-100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying I have no idea what I'm doing, so please be patient with me :eek:

I'm a student pilot starting to look for something of my own to build time in. All my logged hours are in a Stinson 108-1. I do have time in a Cessna 140 and a J-3 Cub but those hours aren't logged. (and some rides bummed in an S2 and an Eagle which is what got me started with this whole biplane nonsense)

I noticed the little SA-100 for sale on barnstormers and honestly I think I'm in love. However I don't really know anything about the plane and I'm having a bit of trouble finding info on them. Does anyone have one, know someone with one, or have any experience with them? A push in the right direction towards some more reading would be greatly appreciated.

I'm well aware the plane on barnstormers will sell long before I'm ready to buy, but it really piqued my curiosity and I'd like to know more about the SA-100. From the little reading I've found they sound like a sweet little biplane that's fun and easy on gas. I'm not looking for something to do cross country, just fly after work and maybe start learning light acro in.

Thanks for any help!
Jessica

Latest posts

Back