• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Is the duster the plane for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The4ork

Reaction score
Hey guys, been doing some basic research and asking around on what i should buy / build (complete a mostly finished project) and i think ive settled on a duster.

First off, i want a biplane. Ive always wanted one. Since ever.

I started writting a 3 paragraph novel and decided to just lay out the basics

Im 5'10" 170lbs
Wife is 5'6" 130lbs

Im half owner in a bonanza so for long trips i still have 4 seats and a comfortable cabin, lots of fuel and baggage.

This plane will be used to fly to work 5 days a week, 120mi round trip.

Take the wife to getaways on the weekend, and something to bond over with my son

Light acro but want to learn. I have only had acro instruction in a stearman (what a blast!) And ive also done acro, though not officially an instruction in an rv4 and a rocket. So i def. Crave it, but im a novice.

Love tailwheel flying, its what i learned on.

My style is goggles, leather jacket, scarf, wind blowing through my hair!

Budget is my biggest show stopper, $25k or so, basically im driving an old car so i can have a new plane. Car is paid off.

Wish list: injected 360 + autogas stc

Must have: mode c

I dont really know what to ask yet. Im intersted in fuel butns and cruise speed from the horses mouth, everything else ive heard has just been unofficial.

Ive been told baggage/storage will be a problem.

And besides the wing on the acro having the abrupt stall due to the airfoil shape, ive only been told so far the only other difference is a higher roll rate.

Anyone care to comment on the main differences between the two aircraft, design wise, build wise, and handling?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back