• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Is this a good deal for Acro II?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonsbon

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been offered an Acrosport II project that only needs fabric and paint to be complete for 17K.
The engine included is a 150 HP Lycoming 0-320-E2D with around 400 hours since major. The engine comes with a Sensenich 74DM7-56 prop.
There are a few other things that need to be done such as windshields, seat belts, upholstery, etc...but for the most part the fabric and paint seem to be the only major thing left to do. I realize that i will still have around 3K and around 250-350 hours to complete this project, but it seems like a good deal that I shouldn't pass up.
I have mainly flown Cessnas since I have been flying, but have always wanted to own an acrosport or some other type of aerobatic biplane.
So my main question is whether or not you guys think this seems like a fair price for this project?
Also does anyone have any experience with the pre-sewn fabric for the acrosport II from aircraft spruce? This looks like it would save me a lot of time.
Thanks!

Latest posts

Back