• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

its running!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Finally taxied my pitts (bought it a few months ago) around for the first time today! It had been sitting for a while and I ran it about a month ago but had to keep it running with the wobble pump because the fuel lines were bad and were sucking air rather than fuel. Replaced the fuel lines, oil lines, fuel valves, bungees, tires, master cylinders, and alternator belt. I also inspected the crankshaft behind the plug for corrosion, set the timing and internal mag timing, and peered in the spark plug holes to check for corrosion.

Everything seems great and the plane ran without a problem today!

I flew an S2B the other day and am pretty confident that I can land this thing even though I am a low time pilot. However, I am a little nervous about the airworthiness of the engine/plane because it sat for so long before I got it.

On a different note, I was pushing it back into the hangar this evening and, while pushing on one of the I struts trying to get the tailwheel to swivel, I heard a pop noise from what sounded like the center section of the upper wing. Anything bad about pushing on the I struts I should know about? They are sparcraft wings. I tapped on the fabric and don't hear anything rattling around in there but there are no inspection plates on my upper wing to get a better look.

Latest posts

Back