• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Jumping in

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randys

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm not sure if I'm in the right place so please forgive me if these questions and commentsare a little dim witted. Here it goes:
I am not a builder...changing oil is not a problem but beyond thatcould createa problem.
I am also a low time pilot with about 100 hoursin 172's and about 400 hours in gliders. However, since my first ride in a Stearman I knew I wanted to fly biplanes. I also fly only for the joy of flying and nothing else. I am thinking of puchasing my first airplane of any kind and am hoping for any advice that someone is willing to give me. My initial 2 questions:

1. Would someone care to suggest on whatwould be a good first time airplane? I prefera 2 place with between 150 and 200 hp.Gentlebut something I would be able to grow a little with. I also have a budget of between 30 - 40k.

2. Should I even be looking at a biplane with this budget andmy low hours.

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back